New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn’t hard. (The header artwork is by wife, Sarah.)
- RT @5coolthingsblog: Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid ride once more. 4 days ago
- Looking forward to leading this with Our Man in Seattle (well, Whidbey Island if you're being picky) –… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- @greenerwords @DarkAngelsWrite Hi Abigail - I'll be leading the course with @Lucidcontent I'm sure @jenny_kowalczuk… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- RT @DarkAngelsWrite: We're delighted to announce another run of our legendary Advanced Course for this autumn. The four-week online cours… 6 days ago
- @suellewellyn @DarkAngelsWrite @neilbaker Glad to gave you with us, Sue. 1 week ago
Tag Archives: Galicia
If you’d prefer to read the whole account in one, rather than working backwards through the blog posts, click here. Once we reached the old part of Santiago with its narrow streets and shady arcades, we knew we were almost at journey’s … Continue reading
Mount Joy was not joyous that morning. Low cloud and light drizzle obscured the distant cathedral. Having completed our final climb we’d been walking along a wooded ridge that seemed to go on forever, past a vast timberyard, past the … Continue reading