New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn’t hard. (The header artwork is by wife, Sarah.)
- RT @RelphKnight: Really looking forward to this! twitter.com/JamieJauncey/s… 2 days ago
- RT @5coolthingsblog: @JamieJauncey @DarkAngelsWrite @Lucidcontent Genuinely excited! The band is back together again. 2 days ago
- RT @5coolthingsblog: @JamieJauncey @DonRobertoCG Read this piece. Pure harmony. 2 days ago
- RT @JNSim: And a fine time will be had by all online 2 days ago
- RT @JNSim: Hwaet a good episode this is. I still remember that sinking feeling when, newly arrived at Oxford, I opened up a copy of Beowulf… 2 days ago
Tag Archives: Santiago de Compostela
If you’d prefer to read the whole account in one, rather than working backwards through the blog posts, click here. Once we reached the old part of Santiago with its narrow streets and shady arcades, we knew we were almost at journey’s … Continue reading
Mount Joy was not joyous that morning. Low cloud and light drizzle obscured the distant cathedral. Having completed our final climb we’d been walking along a wooded ridge that seemed to go on forever, past a vast timberyard, past the … Continue reading
We’d imagined that the camino would be an endless succession of travellers’ tales as we moved along in a happy throng of pilgims, slipping easily into conversation with whoever took our fancy. It wasn’t quite like that. The walking required … Continue reading