Last autumn I started giving an illustrated talk which, I now realise, has been waiting more than six decades for its moment. The subject is my great-great-uncle, the writer, politician, horseman and adventurer, RB Cunninghame Graham, about whom I’ve written … Continue reading
This blogThis blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn't hard.
- RT @iphraser: fascinating tale of Don Roberto by @JamieJauncey last night @BordersBookFest. No idea also wrote Beattock for Moffat. https:/… 5 days ago
- RT @JNSim: Intriguingly named Goodenough College just visited. Thrilled to have Spanish Crossings talk… instagram.com/p/BVU7YDcFE6M/ 1 week ago
- RT @RolandGulliver: Don Roberto was the first of the #Outriders! I'm assuming @JamieJauncey you will be presenting in the same jaunty bonne… 1 week ago
- @RolandGulliver No less! 1 week ago
- From @thetimes (Scottish edition) today, I'm telling Tales of Don Roberto @BordersBookFest tomorrow 15 June and… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago