New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blogThis blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn't hard.
- This week's Sunday Newman – Randy Newman songs for lockdown Sundays – the haunting Baltimore youtube.com/watch?v=-rlNPq… 6 days ago
- RT @ruth_wishart: You go, girl! 1 week ago
- Simply this ... https://t.co/IgeKaFEn15 1 week ago
- Each week since the start of lockdown I've been recording a Randy Newman song. This week it's Simon Smith & His Ama… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- RT @DarkAngelsWrite: A weekly dose of writerly thoughts to distract, inspire and reassure you. Be well, keep reading, keep writing and know… 3 weeks ago
Dark Angels on Writing
Don Roberto and Me
The Stories We Tell
Amos & Jauncey
A few kind words from readers
“Oh, how I love this blog …” MARGARET WRIGHT, EDINBURGH
“Your blog really is something I look forward to on a Friday … as good as sitting down with a cup of coffee but far more stimulating than mere caffeine! Thank you.” JULIAN STUBBS, STOCKHOLM
“I love the way you write – few people can make me feel so present in their thoughts and feelings.” ALAN CORDUNER, LONDON
“Thank you immensely for your few kind words about friendship last Friday.” JOSIANE BONIEUX, BRUSSELS
“Reading each post is always a lovely little moment in my week… Thank you for sharing your words and thoughts with us.” HEATHER ATCHISON, BRIGHTON
“A Few Kind Words remains the ‘essence’ of a hopeful Friday for me.” JOHN DODDS, PENNSYLVANIA
“Have I ever told you that taking five minutes away from work to read your blog is one of my favourite things about Friday?” ROSHNI GOYATE, LONDON
“Your Friday blogs are a great reminder to all of us to be kinder – and we do need reminding often…” SMITA PURANESH, MUMBAI
“What a heart-warming blog! I am so looking forward to your book.” CLAIRE FALCON, LONDON
“A delight to be savoured each week … long may the blog of kindness continue.” ZOE VAN ZWANENBERG, EDINBURGH
“You may be interested to know that your blog is blocked in China … Are your musings particularly subversive this week?” MARK WATKINS, COPENHAGEN