A woman got onto the train the other day and sat down opposite me. She was fifty-ish, tanned and smartly dressed. She had come from the airport and was breathless. We chatted and I learned that she had been to … Continue reading
This blogThis blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn't hard.
- Mine too ... twitter.com/sarah_hilary/s… 3 days ago
- RT @PhilipPullman: @BorisJohnson @DavidDeutschOxf Shan't. 3 days ago
- I'm one of the 100 writers involved - supporting this book will be an important act of remembrance. twitter.com/jnsim/status/1… 5 days ago
- RT @samknowles: 100 authors (I'm one) remember 100 WW1 lives in 100 words each (centenas) all brought together by @26characters. Crowd-fund… 5 days ago
- Fake news, feeble news, fascism and where to find the alternative afewkindwords.me 5 days ago