I’m watching Debate Night, the new BBC Scotland channel’s answer to Question Time. It serves to underline a question I have been asking myself more and more frequently in recent months: how do we engage with people who hold diametrically … Continue reading
This blogThis blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn't hard.
- RT @JNSim: Latest blog 26fruits.co.uk/blog/ about @edbookfest in August. Excited to be appearing with @claresclark to talk about our nov… 4 days ago
- RT @DarkAngelsWrite: Scotland's Creative Writing Centre, Moniack Mhor, is the only purpose-designed writers’ centre that we use as a Dark A… 1 week ago
- RT @JNSim: Checked @edbookfest site. Event with myself + @claresclark chaired by @JamieJauncey to talk about our between-wars novels #spani… 1 week ago
- RT @JNSim: One thing I'd recommend for August. Go to Edinburgh for the Book Festival @edbookfest edbookfest.co.uk/the-festival/w… Lots of authors ta… 1 week ago
- RT @DonRobertoCG: “When our ancient Parliament was filched away from us by fraud and bribery, the dominant partner took good care that we s… 2 weeks ago