In my last year at school I discovered that there was a small bursary for anyone studying Greek to travel to Greece. It was one of those things you had to find out for yourself; they didn’t tell you about … Continue reading
This blogThis blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn't hard.
- RT @CEOScotland: @JamieJauncey Congratulations on your recent Creative Scots funding. If you're in need of any advice, business support, tr… 11 hours ago
- RT @JNSim: Loughcrew a house for storytelling, course tutored by me and @clearlymike , midsummer in Ireland so it's bound to be lovely...wr… 1 day ago
- RT @DarkAngelsWrite: This summer, our Foundation Course is at Loughcrew House, County Meath. A 2-day/3-night residential to hone your writi… 1 day ago
- Three days #writing on this very boat? We're running an @DarkAngelsWrite course in #Seattle, 14-16 Jun. "It got me… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @JNSim: Watch this - it's important @DarkAngelsWrite @26characters twitter.com/TEDTalks/statu… 1 day ago