New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn’t hard. (The header artwork is by wife, Sarah.)
- @SodaStreamUK Thank you. I already have. 1 day ago
- @SodaStreamUK I ordered from you on 16 December (order no 506430) and you took payment - but still no sign of my or… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- A correction to this - we also have people joining our @DarkAngelsWrite gathering from Texas, Ireland, Holland and… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- RT @Lucidcontent: Fair winds, travelers! #writing 3 weeks ago
- Tonight we (@clearlymike and me) start the first @DarkAngelsWrite course of 2021 (online, of course). With folk fro… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
Tag Archives: Gurgaon
I’m back eating dinner at the Leela Kempinski again, overlooking the Gurgaon toll, that winking 32-lane monument to Indian prosperity. Two things are different this time (see earlier post). First, I’m not reading Rosemary Sutcliff (though I did watch the … Continue reading
Yesterday evening I raised my glass to Rosemary Sutcliff. It was an odd moment. I was sitting on my own in the restaurant on the sixth floor of the Leela Kempinski Hotel in Gurgaon, overlooking what my driver had proudly … Continue reading