I was three years old in 1952 when young Princess Elizabeth learnt of the death of her father, George VI. She was staying at Treetops Hotel in Kenya’s Aberdare National Park. Jim Corbett, the famous white hunter, later charmingly wrote: … Continue reading
New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn’t hard. (The header artwork is by wife, Sarah.)
- RT @5coolthingsblog: Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid ride once more. 4 days ago
- Looking forward to leading this with Our Man in Seattle (well, Whidbey Island if you're being picky) –… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- @greenerwords @DarkAngelsWrite Hi Abigail - I'll be leading the course with @Lucidcontent I'm sure @jenny_kowalczuk… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- RT @DarkAngelsWrite: We're delighted to announce another run of our legendary Advanced Course for this autumn. The four-week online cours… 6 days ago
- @suellewellyn @DarkAngelsWrite @neilbaker Glad to gave you with us, Sue. 1 week ago