I was three years old in 1952 when young Princess Elizabeth learnt of the death of her father, George VI. She was staying at Treetops Hotel in Kenya’s Aberdare National Park. Jim Corbett, the famous white hunter, later charmingly wrote: … Continue reading
New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blogThis blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn't hard.
- @sarasheridan found this in some family pics and thought of you for some reason! May have had it because Don Robe… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @DonRobertoCG: Who’s that young fellow trying to get me to talk? https://t.co/qziXTN5ZX8 1 week ago
- RT @joannaccherry: Some of the more glaikit looking new Tory MPs loudly jeering @Ianblackford_MP as he gets to his feet at #PMQS are clearl… 2 weeks ago
- Sadly not me @ThereseKieran - didn't have time! But I'm now working on it ... twitter.com/ThereseKieran/… 2 weeks ago
- Somehow I feel I won't be the only blogger offering a personal retrospective as we head into 2020. But one you can… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago