I was three years old in 1952 when young Princess Elizabeth learnt of the death of her father, George VI. She was staying at Treetops Hotel in Kenya’s Aberdare National Park. Jim Corbett, the famous white hunter, later charmingly wrote: … Continue reading
New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blogThis blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn't hard.
- RT @DonRobertoCG: The rain it raineth Day by day Upon the just And unjust fella But more upon the just Because the unjust Hath the just’s… 1 week ago
- RT @irene_lofthouse: 'Pomegranate Seeds' my short story. 2day @BBCLeeds #GayleLofthouse 12.40. @JNSim @JamieJauncey @DarkAngelsWrite @26cha… 1 week ago
- RT @DarkAngelsWrite: A weekly dose of writerly thoughts to distract, inspire and reassure you. If you’re feeling worried and unsettled by w… 1 week ago
- @oklis59 Haven’t seen one for years and years! 1 week ago
- RT @JNSim: On the red list announced this morning along with other #26Wild mammals like red squirrel, hedgehog, beaver. We have to do somet… 1 week ago