I live at present with a constant ache. In my imagination I can see a different Scotland, I can feel it in my heart, I can almost taste it. In this Scotland I walk taller in the knowledge that we … Continue reading
New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blogThis blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn't hard.
- RT @JNSim: Good news from the front line afewkindwords.me/2020/04/03/goo… via @JamieJauncey This is a lovely post to read on a lockdown morning 52 minutes ago
- ‘We crave poems like secular prayers, a source of comfort in these days of crisis.’ Today’s post at afewkindwords.me 55 minutes ago
- ‘I think of poetry as language’s front line ...’ today’s post celebrating an @DarkAngelsWrite winner at https//:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- @JNSim But v sad about the tree 1 hour ago
- Good news from the front line afewkindwords.me/2020/04/03/goo… 1 hour ago