A friend recently sent me the link to a Guardian article published in 2014 under the title: Why boarding schools produce bad leaders. I hadn’t seen the article, but I was familiar with its author. Nick Duffell was a contemporary … Continue reading
New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn’t hard. (The header artwork is by wife, Sarah.)
- RT @DonRobertoCG: If #Barbados can do it, surely to God we can too #ScottishIndependence 3 days ago
- RT @BirnamBookFest: It's now only 6 months until Birnam Book Festival returns to @BirnamArts! Save the date- we can't wait to see you 20th-… 1 week ago
- RT @DonRobertoCG: What I hate more than anything in the world - tradesmen who don’t communicate and don’t turn up. 3 weeks ago
- @JulieBertagna I’ve been thinking about it a lot in recent days @JulieBertagna - such a wonderful book! 4 weeks ago
- RT @DonRobertoCG: Independence, it’s about dignity, self-respect, normality - and inevitability. #ScottishIndependence7 🏴🏴… 1 month ago