(Also available as a podcast here) When I was three or four years old my mother used to get me to sleep by telling me about the animals curled up in their burrows and the birds closing their eyes in … Continue reading
New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn’t hard. (The header artwork is by wife, Sarah.)
- RT @oklis59: @douglashowatt @JamieJauncey @5coolthingsblog There’s nowhere quite like a Dark Angels course to find connection, support and… 1 day ago
- RT @jolilford: Oh it was SOOO good. I shall truly miss you all. What a way to spend dark November nights. I leave with a head full of ideas… 2 days ago
- RT @iainmacwhirter: These are astonishing figures for a party that has been in government for thirteen years. 2 days ago
- It was a pleasure and a privilege @doug but you really led yourselves. twitter.com/douglashowatt/… 2 days ago
- RT @JNSim: Alas, poor Hamlet dear26.com/h-to-h @26characters @douglashowatt @5coolthingsblog @JamieJauncey @its_paulwhite 2 days ago