It has become a cliché of the information age that we remember where we were when we learned of certain events, the death of JFK or John Lennon for example. On each occasion there was something so shocking in the … Continue reading
New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn’t hard. (The header artwork is by wife, Sarah.)
- Still tickets going, @Birnamarts 17 Nov. Why Don Roberto isn't better known today is a mystery. Join me for an extr… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- Sneak preview of the book (out June 2023, @ScotStreetPress) - a story of horsemanship and adventure, politics and l… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- RT @DonRobertoCG: As you know @billykayscot my biography of him is coming out next June, published by @ScotStreetPress - a braw complement… 1 month ago
- @HI_Voices My young adult novel The Witness is set at the time of a future civil war in the Highlands and was short… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 months ago
- Looking forward to talking (and playing) with my old chum Pete Clark as we discuss the life and play the tunes of S… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 months ago