Yesterday I travelled through a monochrome landscape. It reminded me of those 17th century Dutch winter scenes with skaters and dogs, pedlars and musicians, taking their pleasure or plying their trade under leaden skies, all watched over by crows in … Continue reading
New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn’t hard. (The header artwork is by wife, Sarah.)
- RT @Yes_Perth_City: Great interview with Jamie Jauncey (@DonRobertoCG) by Norrie Hunter of @CaledonRadio. Land issues, Jamie's own journey… 4 days ago
- Chatting with @HunterNorrie of @CaledonRadio about music, literature, land, independence and the extraordinary lif… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @DarkAngelsWrite: June 09 we're running our much-loved Starter Day writing workshop. You'll come away inspired and confident in your o… 4 weeks ago
- RT @reneebleau: @HTScotPol @LeaskyHT ok @GordonBrown is proposing the “positive, progressive and patriotic case for Scotland in Britain” so… 1 month ago
- RT @awolffe: As we await election results in Scotland take a moment and listen to my podcast with @JamieJauncey @DonRobertoCG https://t.c… 1 month ago