Last month I was lucky enough to appear at two book festivals. One of them, the Edinburgh International Book Festival, is indisputably the world’s largest and this year was its best year ever, with a record 225,000 visits to Charlotte … Continue reading
New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn’t hard. (The header artwork is by wife, Sarah.)
- @SodaStreamUK Thank you. I already have. 22 hours ago
- @SodaStreamUK I ordered from you on 16 December (order no 506430) and you took payment - but still no sign of my or… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- A correction to this - we also have people joining our @DarkAngelsWrite gathering from Texas, Ireland, Holland and… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- RT @Lucidcontent: Fair winds, travelers! #writing 2 weeks ago
- Tonight we (@clearlymike and me) start the first @DarkAngelsWrite course of 2021 (online, of course). With folk fro… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago