In Russell Hoban’s extraordinary post-nuclear novel Riddley Walker, there are characters known as ‘connection men’, storytellers whose job it is to try and piece things together, reinforce the codes that bind their small communities, and at the same time make … Continue reading
This blogThis blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn't hard.
- “When I think of you, I feel as though I have lived all my life in a dark hole ... " wrote Joseph Conrad of my grea… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 18 hours ago
- And I’ll be there with @lucidcontent ... can’t wait (again) twitter.com/JBJ51Merc/stat… 1 week ago
- RT @JBJ51Merc: Become a better business writer by delving into your personal writing. Join @lucidcontent and @JamieJauncey in beautiful Dar… 1 week ago
- And I’ll be there ... can’t wait. twitter.com/lucidcontent/s… 1 week ago
- What better place to be running a The Stories We Tell residential week than Canezac, Balzac’s birthplace ... https://t.co/AaAEiuzMLh 2 weeks ago