New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn’t hard. (The header artwork is by wife, Sarah.)
- Still tickets going, @Birnamarts 17 Nov. Why Don Roberto isn't better known today is a mystery. Join me for an extr… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 months ago
- Sneak preview of the book (out June 2023, @ScotStreetPress) - a story of horsemanship and adventure, politics and l… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 months ago
- RT @DonRobertoCG: As you know @billykayscot my biography of him is coming out next June, published by @ScotStreetPress - a braw complement… 5 months ago
- @HI_Voices My young adult novel The Witness is set at the time of a future civil war in the Highlands and was short… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 months ago
- Looking forward to talking (and playing) with my old chum Pete Clark as we discuss the life and play the tunes of S… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 months ago
Tag Archives: microsoft
Speaking in tongues
Posted on June 3, 2010 by Jamie Jauncey
One of the perks of being on the board of the Edinburgh International Book Festival is that I get an early look at the programme and the chance to put my name down for the events I would like to … Continue reading →
Tagged dying language, English, extinct language, globish, king james bible, microsoft, newspeak | 3 Comments