New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn’t hard. (The header artwork is by wife, Sarah.)
- RT @jolilford: @timiswriting @DarkAngelsWrite @26characters School exams, for grown up writers. https://t.co/m7VCEr5WgX 1 month ago
- I'll be running this through May with my compadre @Lucidcontent - join us for serious writing fun and games twitter.com/DarkAngelsWrit… 1 month ago
- RT @JNSim: Here's a great listen for all who can hear. @neilbaker talks about why creative writing for business matters, the @DarkAngelsWri… 1 month ago
- RT @BirgitItse: A four-week @DarkAngelsWrite Foundation course gave me something unexpected. A met a new writing style of mine. Nothing po… 1 month ago
- RT @DarkAngelsWrite: Our Advanced Course returns in May to guide you deeper into the world of Dark Angels with exercises that build on the… 2 months ago
Tag Archives: English
My final event at the Edinburgh International Book Festival, last weekend, was hosting the linguistics professor, David Crystal, one of the world’s foremost authorities on language. A consummate communicator, David was speaking mainly about the wonderfully titled Begat, his new … Continue reading