We are living in exceedingly strange times. Nine months ago Scots were being cajoled and entreated to remain in the Union. Today those same beseeching voices are demonising us as the hirsute hordes, poised to breach Hadrian’s Wall and wreak … Continue reading
This blogThis blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn't hard.
- Of hallucinogenic wheat, wolves and where the truth has gone - my GE special afewkindwords.me/2019/12/11/the… 1 day ago
- @laurakcarus No, but I've meant to for ages. Now I will. Thanks for the reminder! Jx 1 day ago
- The company of wolves afewkindwords.me/2019/12/11/the… 1 day ago
- RT @DarkAngelsWrite: Our Foundation course returns to Seattle next year. Three days on a 65' yacht for writers seeking a shot of inspiratio… 6 days ago
- RT @gerrymcgarvey: @DonRobertoCG @billykayscot @RobGibsonSNP @StevieP1967 This is not simply an AGM, THIS is celebrating one of Scotland's… 6 days ago