When I got home at lunchtime today there was a large and magnificent-looking book sitting on my kitchen table. It was warmly inscribed to me by its author, my close neighbour, Fiona Ritchie. Fiona is the presenter of The Thistle … Continue reading
New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blogThis blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn't hard.
- @jenny_kowalczuk @Mailchimp Sorted now, thanks Jenny. No idea what happened. Gremlins ... 1 day ago
- @Mailchimp All seems to be working again now, thanks! 1 day ago
- RT @DarkAngelsWrite: An online version of our much loved Starter Day - a day of creative exercises that will take your writing in new direc… 1 day ago
- Anyone found their account suspended by @Mailchimp ? 2 days ago
- @5coolthingsblog The Don has heard your plea and he has spoken. 1 week ago