It’s nearly book festival time again – by which I mean the Edinburgh International Book Festival. Every August, Charlotte Square Gardens sprout canvas and are transformed into a kind of intellectual carnival of some 800 events that seem between them … Continue reading
New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blogThis blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn't hard.
- RT @ruth_wishart: You go, girl! 2 days ago
- Simply this ... https://t.co/IgeKaFEn15 4 days ago
- Each week since the start of lockdown I've been recording a Randy Newman song. This week it's Simon Smith & His Ama… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @DarkAngelsWrite: A weekly dose of writerly thoughts to distract, inspire and reassure you. Be well, keep reading, keep writing and know… 2 weeks ago
- RT @GrahamJHolden: Beautifully written piece from @JamieJauncey exploring the pradoxes and contradictions so many of us are feeling during… 2 weeks ago