New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blogThis blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn't hard.
- @sarasheridan found this in some family pics and thought of you for some reason! May have had it because Don Robe… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @DonRobertoCG: Who’s that young fellow trying to get me to talk? https://t.co/qziXTN5ZX8 1 week ago
- RT @joannaccherry: Some of the more glaikit looking new Tory MPs loudly jeering @Ianblackford_MP as he gets to his feet at #PMQS are clearl… 2 weeks ago
- Sadly not me @ThereseKieran - didn't have time! But I'm now working on it ... twitter.com/ThereseKieran/… 2 weeks ago
- Somehow I feel I won't be the only blogger offering a personal retrospective as we head into 2020. But one you can… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
Dark Angels on Writing
Don Roberto and Me
The Stories We Tell
Amos & Jauncey
A few kind words from readers
“Oh, how I love this blog …” MARGARET WRIGHT, EDINBURGH
“Your blog really is something I look forward to on a Friday … as good as sitting down with a cup of coffee but far more stimulating than mere caffeine! Thank you.” JULIAN STUBBS, STOCKHOLM
“I love the way you write – few people can make me feel so present in their thoughts and feelings.” ALAN CORDUNER, LONDON
“Thank you immensely for your few kind words about friendship last Friday.” JOSIANE BONIEUX, BRUSSELS
“Reading each post is always a lovely little moment in my week… Thank you for sharing your words and thoughts with us.” HEATHER ATCHISON, BRIGHTON
“A Few Kind Words remains the ‘essence’ of a hopeful Friday for me.” JOHN DODDS, PENNSYLVANIA
“Have I ever told you that taking five minutes away from work to read your blog is one of my favourite things about Friday?” ROSHNI GOYATE, LONDON
“Your Friday blogs are a great reminder to all of us to be kinder – and we do need reminding often…” SMITA PURANESH, MUMBAI
“What a heart-warming blog! I am so looking forward to your book.” CLAIRE FALCON, LONDON
“A delight to be savoured each week … long may the blog of kindness continue.” ZOE VAN ZWANENBERG, EDINBURGH
“You may be interested to know that your blog is blocked in China … Are your musings particularly subversive this week?” MARK WATKINS, COPENHAGEN