There has been a lot of interest in Friday’s post, and the school is happy for me to give details. It is The New School at Butterstone, Perthshire. www.thenewschool.co.uk
New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn’t hard. (The header artwork is by wife, Sarah.)
- RT @DarkAngelsWrite: "Today we talk of storytelling, of purpose, of social consciousness and saving the planet. We talk of blah, blah, blah… 3 hours ago
- RT @DarkAngelsWrite: "Reading We, Me, Them and It made me feel completely at home in my new-found tribe" Nick Parker Pre-order the 21st-an… 2 days ago
- RT @DarkAngelsWrite: "It was the book that changed everything. Place names, diagrams, adverts, headlines, stories. Raymond Carver. Yeats! T… 2 days ago
- RT @DarkAngelsWrite: "It’s no exaggeration to say that this book changed my relationship with words forever." David Bickerton Pre-order th… 2 days ago
- RT @DarkAngelsWrite: "The sense of vindication I got from reading We, Me Them & It some ten years later more than justified the cover price… 2 days ago