My mother is in reminiscent mode. She’s got to the age, nearly 84 as she reminds me constantly, where that old cliché about having nothing left but the memories is starting to manifest itself. In her day she was wildly … Continue reading
New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn’t hard. (The header artwork is by wife, Sarah.)
- RT @DonRobertoCG: So happy to receive my copy of this beautiful book from the multi-talented @AndrewRBarr - we are indeed a nation. https… 1 day ago
- @jolilford D’accord - and I may be even later! 1 day ago
- RT @DonRobertoCG: If #Barbados can do it, surely to God we can too #ScottishIndependence 1 week ago
- RT @BirnamBookFest: It's now only 6 months until Birnam Book Festival returns to @BirnamArts! Save the date- we can't wait to see you 20th-… 2 weeks ago
- RT @DonRobertoCG: What I hate more than anything in the world - tradesmen who don’t communicate and don’t turn up. 1 month ago