Six months ago I decided to take a break from A Few Kind Words. It was a spur of the moment decision, though one that had been brewing for a while. One Thursday afternoon I sat down at the usual … Continue reading
This blogThis blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn't hard.
- RT @MoniqueHohnberg: Sunday Times (UK) called it ‘one of the world’s best holidays’. The Guardian (UK) described it as "the first and stil… 10 hours ago
- RT @invisiblegrail: If you're preparing for the #REF2021, take a moment to reflect on how to translate your key research findings https://t… 10 hours ago
- RT @invisiblegrail: 4 tips to write emails that students will read featured in #AUAblog aua.ac.uk/how-to-write-e… 1 day ago
- RT @JNSim: Soon to be joined at Hawkwood for an exciting @DarkAngelsWrite weekend bringing together 30+ of us to have a great time with wor… 1 day ago
- RT @JNSim: Exciting to receive proofs this morning of my next novel 'The Good Messenger' @urbanebooks There's always that feeling, after a… 1 day ago