Fifty years ago last Saturday, in the crowded and sweltering public room of a cheap hotel, with an ancient fan creaking and whirring overhead, I watched the televised moon landing. I was in downtown Tehran. The commentary was in Farsi. … Continue reading
New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn’t hard. (The header artwork is by wife, Sarah.)
- RT @RelphKnight: Really looking forward to this! twitter.com/JamieJauncey/s… 1 day ago
- RT @5coolthingsblog: @JamieJauncey @DarkAngelsWrite @Lucidcontent Genuinely excited! The band is back together again. 1 day ago
- RT @5coolthingsblog: @JamieJauncey @DonRobertoCG Read this piece. Pure harmony. 1 day ago
- RT @JNSim: And a fine time will be had by all online 2 days ago
- RT @JNSim: Hwaet a good episode this is. I still remember that sinking feeling when, newly arrived at Oxford, I opened up a copy of Beowulf… 2 days ago