About twice a week I travel to Edinburgh by train. By the time I catch it it’s halfway through its journey from Inverness, which means I can’t always get a forward- facing table. But I’ve become adept at guessing who’s … Continue reading
New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn’t hard. (The header artwork is by wife, Sarah.)
- RT @jolwen: @suellewellyn @JamieJauncey @DarkAngelsWrite @neilbaker @Lucidcontent Such a great course and a lovely group of writers- moved… 2 weeks ago
- RT @suellewellyn: @JamieJauncey @DarkAngelsWrite @neilbaker @Lucidcontent I’m really going to miss everyone. It was a fantastic experience… 2 weeks ago
- RT @neilbaker: It was fabulous indeed. Look forward to doing it again. And to our IN PERSON one day workshop on October 20 with @JNSim http… 2 weeks ago
- A glorious finale to the @DarkAngelsWrite Foundation Course last night with @neilbaker and eight great writers. Alw… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- @5coolthingsblog Move over Daniel Craig. 2 weeks ago