A few years ago I took up running. It wasn’t long before I stumbled on the kerb, turned my ankle and had to be scraped off the road by a passing motorist. A physiotherapist subsequently told me that injuries within … Continue reading
New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn’t hard. (The header artwork is by wife, Sarah.)
- RT @DarkAngelsWrite: "Reading We, Me, Them and It made me feel completely at home in my new-found tribe" Nick Parker Pre-order the 21st-an… 1 day ago
- RT @DarkAngelsWrite: "It was the book that changed everything. Place names, diagrams, adverts, headlines, stories. Raymond Carver. Yeats! T… 1 day ago
- RT @DarkAngelsWrite: "It’s no exaggeration to say that this book changed my relationship with words forever." David Bickerton Pre-order th… 1 day ago
- RT @DarkAngelsWrite: "The sense of vindication I got from reading We, Me Them & It some ten years later more than justified the cover price… 1 day ago
- RT @JNSim: I was Rob's mentor during his time at Penguin. Then he went on to the @BBC Academy and became a brilliant screenwriter. The @Dar… 1 day ago