I’m about to drive into Edinburgh to record a four-way interview about the Dark Angels collective novel Keeping Mum for the BBC World Service. It’s Thursday evening and today is publication day. According to the information sheet from the friendly … Continue reading
New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blogThis blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn't hard.
- Celebrating a great moment for @DarkAngelsWrite as @SusannahJHart wins the National Poetry Competition afewkindwords.me/2020/04/03/goo… 4 hours ago
- RT @ThereseKieran: @JamieJauncey speaks well of @SusannahJHart's spectacular #NationalPoetryPrize win & the importance of poetry right now… 1 day ago
- RT @JNSim: Good news from the front line afewkindwords.me/2020/04/03/goo… via @JamieJauncey This is a lovely post to read on a lockdown morning 1 day ago
- ‘We crave poems like secular prayers, a source of comfort in these days of crisis.’ Today’s post at afewkindwords.me 1 day ago
- ‘I think of poetry as language’s front line ...’ today’s post celebrating an @DarkAngelsWrite winner at https//:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago