A couple of months ago a friend told me about an extraordinary experiment that he and his family had tried. He’s a rational chap who runs a successful arts organisation and I was intrigued. When I got home I decided … Continue reading
New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn’t hard. (The header artwork is by wife, Sarah.)
- @5coolthingsblog that’s where it all starts twitter.com/5coolthingsblo… 1 hour ago
- Thank you too @AudreyGray twitter.com/audreygray/sta… 1 hour ago
- Why we need stories now more than ever - today’s post afewkindwords.me twitter.com/shelaghl/statu… 5 hours ago
- Alternative realities afewkindwords.me/2020/10/31/alt… 6 hours ago
- RT @RelphKnight: Really looking forward to this! twitter.com/JamieJauncey/s… 4 days ago