Eighteen months ago I chaired an event at the Edinburgh International Book Festival with a novelist I know well, someone whose work I admire and whom I like very much as a person. Halfway through the event, in front of … Continue reading
This blogThis blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn't hard.
- RT @invisiblegrail: Thinking about the theme of this years #SDF2017 on adapting to change in #highereducation we've thought of one way to t… 19 hours ago
- RT @invisiblegrail: This month we were delighted to feature @tvanlaer, @DrRossGordon, Davina Cooper from @UniKent and @JamieJauncey in our… 19 hours ago
- The challenges in offering honest criticism of creative work afewkindwords.me #creativity #writing https://t.co/R9s8eWaOo7 1 week ago
- An honest opinion afewkindwords.me/2017/11/17/an-… 1 week ago
- @invisiblegrail @HorningtonManor Very much looking forward to running this ground-breaking new course with Professor Paul Gentle ... 1 week ago