Tomorrow I leave for France for 10 days. This is a holiday that feels like it’s been a long time coming. The year so far has been one of hard domestic slog, clearing out my mother’s house in Kent and … Continue reading
This blogThis blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn't hard.
- RT @DarkAngelsWrite: Our Foundation course returns to Seattle next year. Three days on a 65' yacht for writers seeking a shot of inspiratio… 2 days ago
- RT @gerrymcgarvey: @DonRobertoCG @billykayscot @RobGibsonSNP @StevieP1967 This is not simply an AGM, THIS is celebrating one of Scotland's… 2 days ago
- Looking forward to speaking to the Cunninghame Graham Society this evening, Friday, about this remarkable woman,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @JNSim: Jane introduced me and @JamieJauncey to the wondrous perilous existence of the Kauri when she invited us to New Zealand for @Dar… 3 weeks ago
- RT @heatheratchison: Today my poem about Brighton's 7 Dials elm sees the light of day. A much-loved tree - a fantastic project. #26Trees #B… 3 weeks ago