We had our last Edinburgh International Book Festival board meeting of the year yesterday. It has been a fascinating year as world events swirl around us and we’ve found ourselves debating issues as diverse as whether to initiate a cultural … Continue reading
This blogThis blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn't hard.
- RT @KazmacKScot: @JamieJauncey @billykayscot Blinding tweet. 4 hours ago
- 2/2 ”Scotland in Europe is older than a poor wee Scotland stuck inside This tarnished mirror to England’s vanity Th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- 1/2 Fine words from Don Roberto’s Europe by Alan McGillivray at the Cunninghame Graham Society dinner, Friday... 5 hours ago
- RT @TheDesignwriter: Laid up with dreaded lurgy and opened laptop to find this little beauty. Preview cover and launch date for our @darkan… 3 days ago
- RT @ml42: Very excited to be part of this book and also that it's getting closer to publication date... twitter.com/JNSim/status/1… 3 days ago