We had our last Edinburgh International Book Festival board meeting of the year yesterday. It has been a fascinating year as world events swirl around us and we’ve found ourselves debating issues as diverse as whether to initiate a cultural … Continue reading
New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blogThis blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn't hard.
- RT @krishgm: And just like that the lead story became French quarantine instead of unfair exam fiasco 7 hours ago
- RT @JNSim: Latest in my journey through words and alphabet. This week S to t. No, not that one... twitter.com/invisiblegrail… 7 hours ago
- RT @DonRobertoCG: The rain it raineth Day by day Upon the just And unjust fella But more upon the just Because the unjust Hath the just’s… 1 week ago
- RT @irene_lofthouse: 'Pomegranate Seeds' my short story. 2day @BBCLeeds #GayleLofthouse 12.40. @JNSim @JamieJauncey @DarkAngelsWrite @26cha… 1 week ago
- RT @DarkAngelsWrite: A weekly dose of writerly thoughts to distract, inspire and reassure you. If you’re feeling worried and unsettled by w… 1 week ago