This time last week, all being well, we would have been preparing to receive the novelist Philip Pullman as our guest speaker for the Dark Angels masterclass at Merton College, Oxford. Sadly, all was not well. Poor Philip had been … Continue reading
This blogThis blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn't hard.
- “When I think of you, I feel as though I have lived all my life in a dark hole ... " wrote Joseph Conrad of my grea… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 18 hours ago
- And I’ll be there with @lucidcontent ... can’t wait (again) twitter.com/JBJ51Merc/stat… 1 week ago
- RT @JBJ51Merc: Become a better business writer by delving into your personal writing. Join @lucidcontent and @JamieJauncey in beautiful Dar… 1 week ago
- And I’ll be there ... can’t wait. twitter.com/lucidcontent/s… 1 week ago
- What better place to be running a The Stories We Tell residential week than Canezac, Balzac’s birthplace ... https://t.co/AaAEiuzMLh 2 weeks ago