The last four days have felt like real winter. The thermometer has hardly risen above zero since I arrived here. The cold bites my cheeks as soon as I step outside and the snow crunches underfoot. Through the picture windows … Continue reading
New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn’t hard. (The header artwork is by wife, Sarah.)
- @5coolthingsblog that’s where it all starts twitter.com/5coolthingsblo… 1 hour ago
- Thank you too @AudreyGray twitter.com/audreygray/sta… 1 hour ago
- Why we need stories now more than ever - today’s post afewkindwords.me twitter.com/shelaghl/statu… 6 hours ago
- Alternative realities afewkindwords.me/2020/10/31/alt… 7 hours ago
- RT @RelphKnight: Really looking forward to this! twitter.com/JamieJauncey/s… 4 days ago