I spent last night with a friend in Edinburgh. This morning, boarding a bus into the west end, I spotted a vacant seat next to an attractive young black woman with a cloud of hair. As I sat down I … Continue reading
This blogThis blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn't hard.
- RT @lucidcontent: "Place, my lads, is a thing we love with all our hearts.' twitter.com/JamieJauncey/s… 4 days ago
- RT @AcaciaAvenue: 12 companies. 5,000 years of combined lifespan. What's the secret to their longevity? Grab a cuppa and find out in #Estab… 5 days ago
- RT @invisiblegrail: Meet the people behind Invisible Grail. We are, you'll be relieved to hear, quite visible... #dreamteam @JNSim @stuart_… 5 days ago
- @DarkAngelsWrite venues get no better than this: Karekare, NZ, where the sand is volcanic black, the surf is mighty… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago
- @ElspethMurray Yes, everywhere from financial services to the arts - it never fails to pack a punch twitter.com/elspethmurray/… 2 weeks ago