The kindness – perhaps I should call it love – that abounds at my mother’s care home is almost overwhelming. She is in her last hours. Since early yesterday morning my brother and I have been taking it in turns … Continue reading
This blogThis blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn't hard.
- RT @ThereseKieran: Small pieces of poetry almost ready for #PoetryDayIRL. Some with 'sound' @LabelLit @ArtsCouncilNI @poetryireland. Find o… 1 day ago
- RT @CEOScotland: @JamieJauncey Congratulations on your recent Creative Scots funding. If you're in need of any advice, business support, tr… 2 days ago
- RT @JNSim: Loughcrew a house for storytelling, course tutored by me and @clearlymike , midsummer in Ireland so it's bound to be lovely...wr… 3 days ago
- RT @DarkAngelsWrite: This summer, our Foundation Course is at Loughcrew House, County Meath. A 2-day/3-night residential to hone your writi… 3 days ago
- Three days #writing on this very boat? We're running an @DarkAngelsWrite course in #Seattle, 14-16 Jun. "It got me… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago