Earlier this week I went to hear a talk by a young neighbour who returned two weeks ago from a year-long, 15,000-mile cycle trip with a friend. Both recently qualified doctors, they had ridden from London to Singapore in aid … Continue reading
New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn’t hard. (The header artwork is by wife, Sarah.)
- This is the course that started it all nearly 20 years ago. Can't wait to work with @neilbaker and a whole new flig… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- RT @DarkAngelsWrite: This spring, @neilbaker and @JamieJauncey return with our acclaimed four-week online Foundation Course. Two-hour ses… 4 days ago
- RT @DarkAngelsWrite: "There is no other book in my library that I have purchased so many times. The reason: I always end up giving my copy… 1 week ago
- RT @JNSim: Only two weeks to go before the new edition of 'We, me, them and it' comes out. Here's my blog about it @lidpublishing https://t… 1 week ago
- RT @DarkAngelsWrite: "We, Me, Them & It gave me a startling new perspective on the tone and language that we associate with brands." David… 1 week ago