Why are we so intrigued by people whose perspectives we don’t, in fact can’t, share? I’m thinking of the frequency with which movies, TV series and novels seem to serve up characters these days who sit somewhere on the autistic … Continue reading
New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn’t hard. (The header artwork is by wife, Sarah.)
- Just finished the online Advanced course with @Lucidcontent and a stunning group of writers (you know who you are),… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 minutes ago
- RT @DonRobertoCG: Kindness and decency youtube.com/watch?v=ntH0Zv… donrobertoandme.com/2021/04/23/kin… 5 hours ago
- The final evening of our @DarkAngelsWrite online Advanced Course already. What a journey it's been, what writing we… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 21 hours ago
- RT @barclay_norma: Video for switherers - All change donrobertoandme.com/2021/04/16/all… via @DonRobertoCG 3 days ago
- RT @moridura: Just in case you think nobody with a posh voice and private school education can be a committed YES supporter, here's @JamieJ… 3 days ago