Why are we so intrigued by people whose perspectives we don’t, in fact can’t, share? I’m thinking of the frequency with which movies, TV series and novels seem to serve up characters these days who sit somewhere on the autistic … Continue reading
New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blogThis blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn't hard.
- RT @Fendweller: @JamieJauncey @DarkAngelsWrite Lovely piece Jamie, if I may say so. 3 days ago
- Celebrating a great moment for @DarkAngelsWrite as @SusannahJHart wins the National Poetry Competition afewkindwords.me/2020/04/03/goo… 3 days ago
- RT @ThereseKieran: @JamieJauncey speaks well of @SusannahJHart's spectacular #NationalPoetryPrize win & the importance of poetry right now… 4 days ago
- RT @JNSim: Good news from the front line afewkindwords.me/2020/04/03/goo… via @JamieJauncey This is a lovely post to read on a lockdown morning 4 days ago
- ‘We crave poems like secular prayers, a source of comfort in these days of crisis.’ Today’s post at afewkindwords.me 4 days ago