New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blogThis blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn't hard.
- RT @DarkAngelsWrite: Our much loved Starter Day is now online. It’s the same creative experience delivered by two tutors @neilbaker & @elen… 4 days ago
- @jenny_kowalczuk @Mailchimp Sorted now, thanks Jenny. No idea what happened. Gremlins ... 6 days ago
- @Mailchimp All seems to be working again now, thanks! 6 days ago
- RT @DarkAngelsWrite: An online version of our much loved Starter Day - a day of creative exercises that will take your writing in new direc… 6 days ago
- Anyone found their account suspended by @Mailchimp ? 1 week ago
Tag Archives: Aberdeen University
The thing I most remember from my student days about the main Aberdeen University library was the carved mouse climbing the leg of each chair. It was a lovely touch, irreverent yet also somehow appropriate to what I remember as … Continue reading