I’ve called it A Few Kind Words because that’s the title of a talk I gave recently to a group of HR directors. Paradoxically, it’s HR people who are often the unkindest of all in the way they use … Continue reading
New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn’t hard. (The header artwork is by wife, Sarah.)
- RT @5coolthingsblog: Writers need good company. Writers need inspiration. Writers need fun. We promise all three and plenty more. Kick star… 3 days ago
- RT @DarkAngelsWrite: Refresh your creative energy and sharpen your skills. There's still time to join our next online Starter Day writing… 3 days ago
- RT @DarkAngelsWrite: Stretch your writing legs this spring. @JamieJauncey and @Lucidcontent are back with eight live online sessions feat… 3 days ago
- RT @5coolthingsblog: Apropos of everything: “Stories are the secret reservoir of values: change the stories individuals and nations live b… 1 week ago
- RT @DarkAngelsWrite: Would you like to go to a deeper, more personal place in your writing? You’re invited to join us for a special, guide… 1 week ago