I’m Jamie Jauncey, a writer living in the village of Birnam, just across the river Tay from Dunkeld, in Perthshire. Apart from writing this blog, I’ve published a few novels, I help people and organisations find their voices and tell their stories, and with my wife Sarah, a counsellor and yoga teacher, I run personal insight workshops. I’m also a musician. I hope you enjoy A Few Kind Words!
New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn’t hard. (The header artwork is by wife, Sarah.)
- RT @brianguythat: Author @JamieJauncey on the bias of the UK media and the country's independence youtu.be/lOyUDFrMrdI 1 day ago
- RT @reneebleau: first of a series of vid blogs on the positive case for Scottish Independence by @JamieJauncey Listen and decide for your… 1 day ago
- RT @7thDarkin: Grab a drink, settle down, and listen for 6 minutes. Pass it on. 1 week ago
- Sharpen your pencil, sharpen your wits, sharpen your imagination – @neilbaker and I can't wait for you to join us! twitter.com/DarkAngelsWrit… 1 week ago
- @EmilyPenny @DarkAngelsWrite @neilbaker Not too much homework! 1 week ago