I’m Jamie Jauncey, a writer living in the village of Birnam, just across the river Tay from Dunkeld, in Perthshire. Apart from writing this blog, I’ve published a few novels, I help people and organisations find their voices and tell their stories, and with my wife Sarah, a counsellor and yoga teacher, I run personal insight workshops. I’m also a musician. I hope you enjoy A Few Kind Words!
New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn’t hard. (The header artwork is by wife, Sarah.)
- @HI_Voices My young adult novel The Witness is set at the time of a future civil war in the Highlands and was short… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- Looking forward to talking (and playing) with my old chum Pete Clark as we discuss the life and play the tunes of S… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- RT @jolilford: @timiswriting @DarkAngelsWrite @26characters School exams, for grown up writers. https://t.co/m7VCEr5WgX 2 months ago
- I'll be running this through May with my compadre @Lucidcontent - join us for serious writing fun and games twitter.com/DarkAngelsWrit… 2 months ago
- RT @JNSim: Here's a great listen for all who can hear. @neilbaker talks about why creative writing for business matters, the @DarkAngelsWri… 3 months ago