In a working week whose patterns are largely consistent only in their inconsistency, I have two regular punctuation marks. Both occur on Thursday. One is writing this blog, which I tend to do late Thursday afternoon (the fact that it arrives in people’s inboxes on a Friday morning is not, I’m afraid, a matter of design, but rather a happy accident; and how quickly the habit formed!). The second, later in the evening, is playing the piano with assorted fiddlers, mandolinists, guitarists, small pipers (the instruments, not the players) at the weekly session in my local pub on the banks of the river Tay.
New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn’t hard. (The header artwork is by wife, Sarah.)
- RT @moridura: Just in case you think nobody with a posh voice and private school education can be a committed YES supporter, here's @JamieJ… 11 hours ago
- @moridura @DonRobertoCG No worries! More up to date and relevant biog info here donrobertoandme.com/the-back-story/ - and thanks! 11 hours ago
- RT @DonRobertoCG: There are now 6 short videos (about 6 mins each) in my #Holyrood2021 series, plus two more to come before polling day. He… 12 hours ago
- RT @CaledonRadio: New YouTube channel presented by writer & musician @JamieJauncey (also visit: donrobertoandme.com Jamie’s blog) Jami… 21 hours ago
- RT @brianguythat: Author @JamieJauncey on the bias of the UK media and the country's independence youtu.be/lOyUDFrMrdI 3 days ago