In a working week whose patterns are largely consistent only in their inconsistency, I have two regular punctuation marks. Both occur on Thursday. One is writing this blog, which I tend to do late Thursday afternoon (the fact that it arrives in people’s inboxes on a Friday morning is not, I’m afraid, a matter of design, but rather a happy accident; and how quickly the habit formed!). The second, later in the evening, is playing the piano with assorted fiddlers, mandolinists, guitarists, small pipers (the instruments, not the players) at the weekly session in my local pub on the banks of the river Tay.
New for 2020 – Podcasts!
From January 2020 I’m recording each post as a podcast, in addition to the written version which you can continue to read as usual. I’m also gradually adding selected posts from the archive (going back to 2009) as podcasts. Click here or on the Podcasts tab in the navigation bar.
This blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn’t hard. (The header artwork is by wife, Sarah.)
- A correction to this - we also have people joining our @DarkAngelsWrite gathering from Texas, Ireland, Holland and… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @Lucidcontent: Fair winds, travelers! #writing 1 week ago
- Tonight we (@clearlymike and me) start the first @DarkAngelsWrite course of 2021 (online, of course). With folk fro… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @DonRobertoCG: As we get ready to leave Europe my great-great-nephew @JamieJauncey congratulates my successor @Feorlean on my behalf a… 2 weeks ago
- RT @JamieJauncey: Are you a freelance? Are you charging what you're really worth? Two @DarkAngelsWrite alumni, @tedleonhardt and @Dr_Knapp,… 2 weeks ago