While waiting for the train this morning I was speaking to a recently retired neighbour who now lives most of the year on the Greek island of Skiathos. ‘They’re really in a bind now,’ he said. ‘I know,’ I said. … Continue reading
- RT @WigleySlug: @JNSim @JamieJauncey Another mega thanks for a brilliant Dark Angels trip. It (unintentionally) got me writing my first kid… 1 hour ago
- @coo_doo though nothing like the weather! 1 hour ago
- A great spreading of writerly wings on @DarkAngelsWrite Northumbria course last week as @JNSim reports 26fruits.co.uk/blog 7 hours ago
- What does it mean to find your voice as a writer? News from the Northumbrian moors ... afewkindwords.me 3 days ago
- Finding one's voice wp.me/p2hRzk-kA 3 days ago
About this blogThis blog is called A Few Kind Words because the word kindness originally meant being kin, or kindred, or of the same kind. And since we are all humankind, we should remember to be kinder to one another when we communicate. The alternative is to be unkind, to use language which fails to connect or even alienates. The choice isn't hard.